Daryl deVillier (CRD #: 4069344), a broker registered with Ameriprise Financial Services, has faced an order of heightened supervision from the Massachusetts Securities Division. This is according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on June 1, 2021. He has also faced multiple investor disputes.
On July 23, 2018, the Massachusetts Securities Division sanctioned Daryl deVillier following allegations that six investors filed complaints regarding deVillier’s conduct. These complaints included allegations of suitability, churning, and negligence. According to the Massachusetts regulatory action, Ameriprise was to supervise deVillier on a heightened basis for three years.
On July 10, 2012, an investor alleged that Daryl deVillier churned his account and executed unauthorized trades. “Churning” is a form of fraud – to generate more commissions, brokers may execute excessive trades. The investor sought $47,449.29; the dispute settled for $39,802.69 after entering arbitration. You can read a copy of the arbitration award here.
On March 12, 2002, an investor alleged that deVillier engaged in unauthorized trading and recommended unsuitable investments. The investor sought $100,000; the dispute settled for $27,000.
There are two denied disputes on deVillier’s record. “Denials” indicate that the firm denies that their representative engaged in misconduct. They do not indicate that FINRA has reviewed the dispute. Investors can still recover losses following a denial.
- On February 16, 2016, an investor alleged that Daryl deVillier engaged in misrepresentation. The investor sought $78,192.96.
- On August 2, 2004, an investor alleged that deVillier failed to execute trades in a timely manner and executed unauthorized trades. They further alleged that he engaged in negligence regarding recommendations of an outside money manager and over-concentration. The investor sought to recover $130,000.
Daryl deVillier has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in 15 states.
deVillier has worked for the following firms:
- Ameriprise Financial Services (CRD #: 6363)
- Raymond James & Associates (CRD #: 705)
- Morgan Stanley DW Inc. (CRD #: 7556)
If you worked with Daryl deVillier and you have questions about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact the securities attorneys of Fitapelli Kurta. Call (877) 238-4175 or email email@example.com for a free case consultation.