Willard Pugh (CRD #: 1757428), a broker registered with National Securities Corporation, is facing three investor disputes, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 7, 2021. All three of the disputes involve allegations of unsuitability.
What Does Unsuitability Mean?
“Suitability” refers to the FINRA requirement that brokers only recommend investments that fit their investors’ financial goals and overall investment profile, which includes factors like age and risk tolerance.
- On January 20, 2021, an investor alleged that Willard Pugh recommended unsuitable investments. The investor is seeking $100,000; the dispute is pending.
- On July 30, 2020, investors alleged that Pugh recommended an unsuitable security in the form of a UDF V Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). They further alleged that Pugh over-concentrated this investment in their portfolio. REITs can be quite risky, and Pugh’s investors alleged that Pugh exercised inadequate due diligence when he recommended this REIT. The investor is seeking $155,000; the dispute is pending.
- Willard Pugh has another dispute from just one month prior. On June 29, 2020, an investor alleged that Pugh recommended unsuitable investments. The investor is seeking $300,000; the dispute is pending.
Willard Pugh Securities Industry Experience
Pugh has passed the Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination, the Securities Industry Essentials Examination, and the Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination. He is a registered broker in 20 states and a registered investment adviser in Florida.
Willard Pugh has worked in the securities industry for 32 years. During that time, he has worked for the following firms:
- National Securities Corporation (CRD #: 7569)
- National Asset Management (CRD #: 115927)
- Dawson James Securities (CRD #: 130645)
- Asset Planning Corporation (CRD #: 126242)
- Mutual Service Corporation (CRD #: 4806)
- John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance (CRD #: 5181)
- Signator Investors (CRD #: 468)
- IDS Life Insurance Company (CRD #: 6321)
- American Express Financial Advisors (CRD #: 6363)
- Investock & Co. (CRD #: 19926)
- First Florida Securities Group (CRD #: 14320)
If you worked with Willard Pugh and you have questions about the suitability of your investments, don’t hesitate to contact the securities attorneys of Fitapelli Kurta. Call (877) 238-4175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free case consultation.