Peter Steege (CRD #: 1060713), a broker registered with Western International Securities, is involved in four pending disputes regarding unsuitable investment recommendations, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 6, 2021. He has an unusually high number of disclosures – so far, he has racked up 21. Only a small percentage of brokers have more than one misconduct disclosure.
Pending Investor Disputes
- On January 20, 2021, an investor alleged that Peter Steege recommended unsuitable investments. The investor is seeking $163,000; the dispute is pending.
- On November 17, 2020, an investor alleged that Steege recommended unsuitable investments. The investor is seeking $50,000; the dispute is pending.
- The two other pending investor disputes also allege unsuitable investment recommendations.
Denied Investor Disputes
There are two investor disputes that allege Peter Steege engaged in unauthorized activity. Both of these disputes were denied by the firm. Denials do not mean that the financial advisors have been cleared of misconduct, and investors can still enlist the help of a securities attorney to recover their losses following a denial.
Settled Investor Disputes
- Two investor disputes alleged that Steege executed unauthorized transactions. These disputes collectively settled for $268,000.
- On April 24, 2001, investors alleged that Peter Steege recommended unsuitable investments that did not match their investment objectives. The dispute settled for $500,000.
Three regulatory actions alleged Peter Steege executed unauthorized trades in investor accounts.
Peter Steege has passed the Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination, the Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination, the Securities Industry Essentials Examination, and the Series 7 General Securities Examination. He is a registered broker in 12 states and a registered investment adviser in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, New Jersey, South Carolina, Texas, and Washington.
Steege has worked for the following firms:
- Western International Securities (CRD #: 39262)
- Sands Brothers & Co. LTD (CRD #: 26816)
- Global Capital Securities Corporation (CRD #: 16184)
- Kirkpatrick, Pettis, Smith, Polian, Inc (CRD #: 490)
- Neidiger, Tucker, Bruner (CRD #: 7425)
- D.E. Frey & Company (CRD #: 23595)
- A.G. Edwards & Sons (CRD #: 4)
- Smith Barney, Harris, Upham & Co. (CRD #: 7059)
- Drexel Burnham Lambert Incorporated (CRD #: 7323)
- Boettcher & Company (CRD #: 101)
If you worked with Peter Steege and you have questions about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact the securities attorneys of Fitapelli Kurta. Call (877) 238-4175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free case consultation.