Rudy Molnar (CRD #: 3211892), a broker registered with Ameriprise Financial Services, is facing investor allegations that he recommended a high-risk investment, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on March 5, 2021.
On December 23, 2020, an investor alleged that Rudy Molnar recommended an unsuitable, risky, and high-commission investment. This was a speculative investment, which is always high risk. The investor is seeking $164,000; the dispute is pending.
Rudy Molnar also has regulatory disclosures that investors should note:
- On May 2, 2013, the Commonwealth of Virginia sanctioned Rudy Molnar with a one-year voluntary surrender of an insurance license. This followed a regulatory sanction from FINRA that alleged Molnar had impersonated investors.
- On March 14, 2012, Rudy Molnar entered into an Acceptance, Waiver, and Consent agreement with FINRA. According to the AWC, Molnar impersonated four investors to expedite the transfer of their accounts from his former broker-dealer to his new broker-dealer. In each instance, he placed a telephone call to his former broker-dealer, identified himself as the investor and proceeded to impersonate the investor, sometimes using personal information such as the investor’s birth date or social security number. Although the investors had authorized the transfers, they allegedly did not authorize the impersonations. As part of the AWC, Molnar consented to a one-month suspension and a $5,000 fine. You can read a copy of the AWC here.
Rudy Molnar has passed the Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination, the Securities Industry Essentials Examination, the Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination, and the Series 6 Investment Company Products/ Variable Contracts Representative Examination. He is a registered broker in 47 states and a registered investment adviser in Florida and Texas.
- Ameriprise Financial Services (CRD #: 6363)
- Securities America (CRD #: 10205)
- The Variable Annuity Marketing Company (CRD #: 5081)
- AIG Retirement Advisors (CRD #: 42803)
- Public Employees Equities Services Company (CRD #: 7315)
If Randy Molnar was your broker and you have questions about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact the securities attorneys of Fitapelli Kurta. Call (877) 238-4175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free case consultation with a securities attorney.