Barry Lemay (CRD #: 306332), a broker and investment adviser registered with Concorde Investment Services, has a new investor dispute over suitability, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on January 26, 2021. He has a total of 11 investor disputes on his record.
On December 6, 2020, an investor alleged that Barry Lemay made unsuitable investment recommendations. The investor is seeking $237,000; the dispute is pending.
Earlier Investor Allegations
On July 29, 2015, an investor alleged that Lemay engaged in negligence and made unsuitable investment recommendations. The investor sought $2,822,797.02; the dispute settled for $40,000.
On February 17, 2015, an investor alleged that Barry Lemay recommended unsuitable investments and engaged in negligence. The investor sought $1,000,000; the dispute settled for $255,000.
On December 6, 2010, an investor alleged that Barry Lemay executed unauthorized trades in her account. The investor sought $10,977.55; the dispute settled for that exact amount.
On July 21, 2010, an investor alleged that Lemay breached his fiduciary duty and misrepresented certain securities. The investor sought $737,200; the dispute settled for $299,000.
On May 29, 2009, investors alleged that Barry Lemay engaged in fraud and violated California Corporate Securities Law. They further alleged that Lemay engaged in negligence in connection with the purchase of a private placement. The investors sought $350,000; the dispute settled for $150,000.
Denied Investor Disputes
Barry Lemay’s record reveals two disputes that his firm denied. In both cases, the investors alleged unsuitable investment recommendations. Firms can deny disputes without any arbitration – it’s up to the investor if they want to pursue the matter further.
Barry Lemay has passed the Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination, the Securities Industry Essentials Examination, Series 31 Futures Managed Funds Examination, Series 1 Registered Representative Examination, the Series 39 Direct Participation Programs Principal Examination, and the Series 26 Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Principal Examination. Lemay is a registered broker in California and Idaho, and a registered investment adviser in California and Texas.
Barry Lemay has worked at a total of 18 firms in his 47 years of experience. Aside from his registration with Concorde Investment Services, Lemay has worked at the following firms:
- Pacific West Financial Consultants (CRD #: 108728)
- Pacific West Securities (CRD #: 6390)
- VSR Advisory Services (CRD #: 14505)
- The Masters (CRD #: 108432)
- VSR Financial Services (CRD #: 14503)
- Soares Financial Group (CRD #: 16286)
- Ell-Cap Securities (CRD #: 22090)
- Integrated Resources Equity Corporation (CRD #: 6403)
- Christopher Weil & Company (CRD #: 6566)
- Quox Incorporated (CRD #: 8446)
- Ganson & Associates (CRD #: 7159)
- Dave Fries and Associates (CRD #: 1917)
- Belmont Reid Securities (CRD #: 6455)
- Belmont Reid and Co (CRD #: 1000004)
- Investors Diversified Services (CRD #: 6320)
- IDS Marketing Corporation (CRD #: 6363)
- IDS Life Insurance Company (CRD #: 6321)
If Barry Lemay was your broker and you have questions about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact the securities attorneys of Fitapelli Kurta. Call (877) 238-4175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free case consultation with a securities attorney.