Todd Anderson (CRD #: 1896352), a broker with Benchmark Investments, Inc. and an investment adviser registered with Benchmark Advisory Services, LLC, is facing allegations of unsuitable investment recommendations, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on August 25, 2020. There is another disclosure on Mr. Anderson’s license indicating that he was discharged from his firm following allegations that he failed to seek approval for outside business activities.
On July 30, 2020, a client alleged that Todd Anderson made unsuitable investment recommendations from 2010 to 2013.
On September 6, 2019, Cetera Advisors LLC fired Todd Anderson following these allegations:
- Anderson failed to follow the firm’s instruction that he obtain pre-approval for all mutual fund purchases.
- He also failed to follow the firm’s requirement that all members obtain pre-approval of outside business activities.
- Anderson was the subject of a customer complaint regarding the execution of an unauthorized trade.
According to his Detailed BrokerCheck report, Todd Anderson has disclosed the following investment-related outside business activities:
- Investment Advisor: Anderson Financial Group, LLC
- Consultant: Nook Restaurant
- Fixed Insurance Sales: Various companies
On May 9, 2009, a client alleged that Todd Anderson misrepresented the features of a variable annuity rider. The client sought $53,165.51 in damages; the dispute settled for $408,704.
Todd Anderson also had five tax liens from 2010 to 2018, for a total of approximately $1.6 million.
Todd Anderson has passed the Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination, the Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent Law Examination, the Securities Industry Essentials Examination, the Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination, and the Series 6 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination. He is a registered broker in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas. He is an investment adviser in Arizona.
Todd Anderson has worked in the securities industry for 31 years. He has worked at the following firm:
- Cetera Advisors LLC (CRD #: 10299)
- Geneos Wealth Management, Inc. (CRD #: 120894)
- Hornor, Townsend & Kent, Inc. (CRD #: 4031)
- NYLife Securities Inc. (CRD #: 5167)
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (CRD #: 4095)
- MetLife Securities, Inc. (CRD #: 14251)
If Todd Anderson was your broker and you have questions about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact the securities attorneys of Fitapelli Kurta. Call (877) 238-4175 or email email@example.com for your free case consultation with a securities attorney.