Phillip Smelser (CRD #: 2338831), a broker registered with Cambridge Investment Research Inc. and an investment advisor registered with Cambridge Investment Research Advisors Inc., is facing an allegation that he recommended unsuitable investments, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on August 26, 2020.
On June 29, 2020, a client alleged that Phillip Smelser made unsuitable investment recommendations and misrepresented certain securities. The client is seeking $600,000 in damages; the dispute is pending.
On January 14, 2010, a client alleged that Mr. Smelser made unsuitable investment recommendations, misrepresented certain securities, and omitted material information. The client was seeking $100,000 in damages; the dispute settled for $34,000.
Phillip Smelser has passed the Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination, the Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination, the Securities Industry Essentials Examination, the Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination, the Series 6 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination, the Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination, and the Series 26 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Principal Examination.
He is registered in Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, North Carolina, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Virginia. He is a registered investment advisor in North Carolina.
During his 24 years of experience in the financial services industry, Mr. Smelser has worked for the following firms:
- Cambridge Investment Research Advisors Inc. (CRD #: 134139)
- AIG Financial Advisors, Inc. (CRD #: 133763)
- Householder Group, Estate & Retirement Specialists (CRD #: 107773)
- SunAmerica Securites, Inc. (CRD #: 20068)
- SunTrust Securities Inc. (CRD #: 17499)
- Nationwide Advisory Services Inc. (CRD #: 11173)
- First Security Financial Advisors, Inc. (CRD #: 41716)
- Executive Wealth Management Services, Inc. (CRD #: 10164)
- Corporate Securities Group, Inc. (CRD #: 11025)
- Franklin Financial Services Corporation (CRD #: 5435)
If Phillip Smelser was your broker and you have questions about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact the securities attorneys at Fitapelli Kurta. Call (877) 238-4175 or email email@example.com for your free case consultation with a securities attorney.