Public records provided by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) on June 22, 2016 indicate that former California-based Valic Financial Advisors broker Richard Hawkes is currently not licensed to act as a broker or an investment adviser. The securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta is interested in hearing from investors who have complaints regarding Mr. Hawkes (CRD# 1416067).

Richard Hawkes has spent 29 years in the securities industry and was most recently registered with Valic Financial Advisors in Orange, California. Previous registrations include E-Trade Securities in New York, New York; Worthmark Financial Services in St. Paul, Minnesota; Royal Alliance Associates in New York, New York; Morgan Stanley DW in Purchase, New York; WS Griffith Securities in Hartford, Connecticut; and Equity Services in Montpelier, Vermont. He is currently not registered with any state or firm.

According to his BrokerCheck report, Richard Hawkes has received one customer complaint and was discharged from his positions at both Valic Financial Advisors and E-Trade Securities.

In May 2016, Richard Hawkes was discharged from Valic Financial Advisors following allegations he sold a product away from his member firm.

In June 2015, a customer alleged Richard Hawkes, while employed at Valic Financial Advisors, “recommended that she withdraw a portion of her non-qualified variable annuity and place it into another non-qualified account which caused a sizable tax burden to her.” The complaint settled in August 2015 for $4,911.

In 2005, Richard Hawkes was discharged from E-Trade Securities following allegations he violated company policy related to the use of an outside email account and business activity.

If you or someone you know has lost money investing with Richard Hawkes, call the securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. You may be able to recover lost funds. Fitapelli Kurta accepts every case on contingency: we only receive payment if and when you collect money. Time to file your claim might be limited, so we suggest you avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.